Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

02 March 2008

Signor & Lipps, we meet again

Well, I couldn't find the article online. Those of you with a reasonable library, it is in GSA Special Publication 190, pgs 291-296, 1982. Really this is an excellent article, I have tried to get this volume several times, but GSA isn't selling it anymore.

So I scanned in the copy I had access to, and turned it into a pdf. I then wandered about cyberspace trying to find a way to upload the file where people could access it (while at the same time not having to pay $10/month to keep it there collecting cyber-dust). After way too long, I think I may have succeeded.

Click here to see if this experiment has worked and enjoy the magic of Signor and Lipps.

I don't know if you need to be me to access this link, so if someone who has the benefit of not being me (who also is interested in this paper) could check and see if this works and send me a comment. I would appreciate it. Thanks!

note: after signing out of both blogger and the yahoo! briefcase (~30Mb free storage. A great bargain considering the low price), it still let me read the article with no problems. I am taking this as an indication that it works.

note again: okay now it is hosted through Mel's site. Thanks Mel. This should alleviate any previous problems. lesson learned: while you can host a .pdf on yahoo!, you can only access it if you are the one that put it there. (edited: March 3rd, 2008 11:16am MST)

3 comments:

Mel said...

No dice. If you want we can host it on our web server.

Einme said...

bugger all,

yes I suppose I will take you up on that. I will email it to you later. Everyone else, I will fix the link when all is up and good. Thanks Mel.

Bryan said...

okay, everything should be fixed.

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber