Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

07 April 2008

Establishment Clause Anyone?!?!

I read this on Pharyngula this morning. Made me pretty angry, so I thought I would repost the link, with the story attached, on my blog.

There is audio available here.

Kinda makes the blood boil.

Davis (D!!!) is a disgrace. Rob Sherman was only testifying about the governor of Illinois transferring $ 1 million to a church instead of a "troubled private school" (emphasis mine). First, what is the state doing transferring money to a private school? I can look past that seeing as how it is a school (Okay, so the school rents space from the church in question, still willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it isn't a religious school). The real kicker comes when the state criticizes the Deputy Governor for not giving the money to a church as the Governor intended!

Here
is a piece that puts the whole thing in perspective.

[edit: Davis has apparently apologized 11 April 2008 7:00pm-ish]

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber