Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

27 August 2008

Off to Siccar Point!

I will be taking a respite for a short time. I am taking advantage of the fact that my dad (also a geologist) is going to two conferences in quick succession over in Europe (he asked if I wanted to go too, who am I to say no).

So, I don't know how the posting will go over the next few weeks. If I find internet access (which I should be able to), I may be doing a post or so from the road. But I am uncertain of when they will be

The itinerary is approximately as follows:

-Visiting Nottingham for the first conference (including a visit to the BGS, I am going to try and spend some time perusing their stacks, as well as a visit to the museum).

-Heading north to Edinburgh to visit relatives (hopefully the weather will be decent enough to visit Siccar Point, with some good photos as well).

-Then a quick jaunt over to Madrid (we don't have any specific plans yet around Madrid, but we have scheduled a day or so for exploring).

-After that, back to the real world. When all of a sudden I realize it isn't the norm for a lowly masters candidate to go globe trekking.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber