Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

22 August 2008

Wherein I have finished a house of cards

Ah!!!!!

I finished a draft of that damnable tome!!!!

After developing a sleep problem (of the not variety), a couple of bizarre rants on teacups, and not making anything that would qualify as "contact" with another living being for extended periods of time, I have managed to send a draft of my thesis to the advisor.

I only had to teach Word a bunch of terms (that is how you know good science). And it only killed my last laptop in a most grueling fashion. But now, I win! Sure, it will come back in a few weeks looking worse than before, but I can live in blissful anticipation of my house of cards being knocked down.

This sums up how I felt while writing:
Now to await the inevitable sequel.

3 comments:

Callan Bentley said...

Brian, Congrats! That's gotta feel good. Hopefully Jim goes easy on you... CB

BrianR said...

congrats ... enjoy these times of accomplishment

Bryan said...

Thanks,

these moments of accomplishment almost make up for the weeks of feeling like I am stuck in the mud. I also hope Jim goes easy, or at least I can figure out what he wants.

;-)

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber