Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

08 November 2008

Brian Switek Meme

I have heard that Laelaps' own Brian Switek is up for a $10,000 scholarship. I found a letter over at The Dispersal of Darwin, and on Dinochick Blogs. Here is a reprint of it.
From Brian:

I'm as surprised as you are. For my work on Laelaps (http://scienceblogs.com/laelaps/) I have made it as one of 20 finalists in the 2008 Blogging Scholarship. That means I have a shot at winning $10,000 to help finish my undergrad degree and pay off my student loans! The next part of the contest is based on votes rather than content, however, and I need your help.The first favor I ask is that you head on over to the voting page and cast your vote for me;

http://www.collegescholarships.org/blog/2008/11/06/vote-for-
the-winner-of-the-2008-blogging-scholarship/

The second, if you would be so kind, would be to tell your friends or post a link on your blog (if you have one) asking others to do the same! There's no way I can win if I don't get enough votes, and I'm going to need a lot of help to beat the political and sports blogs that are already pulling ahead. I need all the help I can get, and anything you can do to help spread the word would get me a little bit closer to winning.

Let's get that man some money.


No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber