Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

04 November 2008

Vote!

Just got back from the polls. There was quite the decent line. Lots of people were showing up, but the polling staff was handling it like pros. Even though I couldn't find a place to park on the same block as the elementary school I was still in only in line for about 35-40 mins. Of course, there were ample voting cubes and pencils and paper ballots. It is situations like this where I wonder: Why on earth do we need electronic voting machines? I just fed my paper ballot through a scan-tron like apparatus and it counted just as fast, and I have a paper trail should I say "Hang-on. How did my county go for Nader?".

Go Vote...now... Even if you think your ballot will be canceled out by your spouse/room-mate/significant other (seriously, while volunteering, this was one couples excuse why they weren't voting)... honestly if you are reading this, you should already have voted and be wearing a sticker (unless you voted early/absentee. If you did that, you should dip your finger in blue ink as a sign of democracy spreading to the USA).

And if you needed more inspiration...Voting makes Karl Rove cry... make him weep.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber