Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

10 January 2009

Another year, another meme.

Yay, the Earth survived another perilous trip around the sun! What better way to celebrate than a little meme devoted to where I have been on Earth?


visited 9 states (4%)
Create your own visited map of The World

I have visited a paltry 4% of the world (boo). Other people involved in this meme: Clastic Detritus (where I caught it), NOLÖGIC, Looking for Detachment, The Ethical Palaeontologist, Highly Allochthonous, ReBecca's Blog and Hypo-theses

The site also has a "Where in the US" you have been and a "Where in India" map. These are what mine look like.


visited 38 states (76%)
Create your own visited map of The United States

74% of the US not too shabby. Though there are some locations that you'd think I would have passed through (I'm looking at you TN).


visited 0 states (0%)
Create your own visited map of India

I have not been to India, despite the delectable curry (T_T).

2 comments:

Silver Fox said...

That's great, showing a nil map of India! (Mine is like that, too.)

Bryan said...

I imagine that is a fairly common condition. Though I would love to visit one day (along with several many other places in the world).

That might be an interesting map too. Places I would like to visit at some point.

There are some apps that allow you to label countries in different colors depending on if you lived there, visited there, or would like to go there. I will keep my eye out for something to that effect.

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber