Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

27 March 2009

Glacier Photos V: Ride the Magic Bus

So I loaded these photos up to conclude my series on Glacier National Park Photos, then I promptly forgot about them. I just rediscovered them while perusing through my draft posts folder. So here it is, Part V: Ride the Magic Bus. Parts I, II, III, and IV are available by clicking on their respective numbers.

If you, for some reason, would like more information on the development of these buses, including how/why they were retrofitted, I recommend clicking here.
These buses have been retrofitted to run on propane, which is significantly cleaner than when the buses were first in the 1930s.

Here is an action shot of one of the buses.

These buses were originally produced by the White Company, which went belly up in 1980. However, for the first decade of their existence, they specialized in steam powered cars. In 1918, they left the market of personal cars and focused on mass transit.
The above an below images were just nice decals that have been added to the cars. My brother works with model railroads, so I took these photos so that he could make a replica of these one day.

These two shots are just the look of the car from 3/4 behind and 3/4 front. Once again for the same reason as the close ups on the decals. Plus this shows the placement of the decals on the body of the car.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber