Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

23 March 2009

I Better Not Receive Any Telemarketing Calls From Mars Now

I just learned that NASA is recording a series of names on a microchip. This microchip isn't just some tawdry "enemies list", as far as I know, it's even better. It will be sent to Mars on the next Rover mission in 2011! How awesome is that? The answer.... fantastically awesome.

You too can add yourself to the next rover. Just click here, type your name and country, and bingo off you go to The Red Planet, well your name at least. You even get a little certificate that you can print out and hang up on a wall, it you are into that thing. I just saved mine as a pdf. Here it is, slightly modified, to show ITV's name instead of mine:

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber