Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

16 November 2009

Hiatus post

I've been extremely busy recently getting ready for AGU, applying to PhD programs, finishing off my thesis, etc. So I apologize for not keeping up to date on the blogging side of life. I've got some vague ideas of what will be coming down the pipe, but nothing really worth posting yet. So this is an apology of sorts.

On something to contribute to the world. It has snowed quite a bit here. The city has done their usual bang-up job of not plowing anything so that snow on the roads, and the few sidewalks we have, just gets packed down into a thick sheet of ice. Moreover, for the first few days people were driving around with big mounds of snow all over their cars. While following behind these yahoos, I was just waiting for the impeding road hazard resulting from their car calving a 'snowberg' in the middle of the road (I gave them extra space just in case). I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed when people don't clear off their ENTIRE car (roof, hood, trunk,... everything), but I guess I was wrong.

So, next time it snows in your area, think about people behind your car as well. Do a proper job of cleaning of your car.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber