Ramblings about what I encounter within the realm of the geosciences, as well as the occasional rant about nonsense.

14 May 2010

I don't know what to do now

*Phew*. You may have noticed it's been rather quiet here on In Terra Veritas recently. Only a few quick posts linking to TED talks that I liked. There's good reason for this. I've just willed into existence another Damnable Tome of Archaic Knowledge.

I've turned in the final version of my Masters Thesis to all parties that require an electronic copy, filled out all the paper work, cleared out my office, and now.... I have no clue what to do next. It's a good feeling though.

3 comments:

A Life Long Scholar said...

When I finished up my Master's I had no idea what to do next. So a friend of mine living in Kotzebue, Alaska, said "They always need substitute teachers up here, come on up for the winter, earn some cash, and we will take a trip to Europe in the Spring." It sounded like a good plan, so I did...

Congratulations! May you find a "next" that is at least as much fun as the adventure I chose.

Bryan said...

Thanks for the advice. I've got some feelers out on how to continue my education. Substitute teaching is something I haven't thought about, but it could fill the gap I find myself in.

I've thought mostly about going and completing my teacher certification, taking some courses to develop skill sets that I lack (Diff EQ, for example), and preparing my thesis for publication. Then get back to trying to find the right PhD program to continue my education.

It's just an odd feeling, for the past several semesters I've always been aware of deadlines. Once I turned in my thesis, I realized there are no more immediate deadlines.

Mel said...

Congratulations again Bryan!!!

Disclaimer

All the Latin on this page is from my vague recollections from High School. There are mistakes in the text. I just was trying to get the point across

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM

Between Los Alamos,NM and White Rock, NM
The photo of the travertine spring was taken in the small opening in the center of the image.

Lectio Liber